New Russell Westbrook Commercial
I love, love, love this commercial.
Russell Westbrook does a terrific job for one. But what makes this spot work so well is the indelible connection that is made between the Thunder and the state of Oklahoma.
Over the past 2 1/2 seasons, we’ve experienced all sorts of surreal things that have made us shake our heads in disbelief that an NBA team is actually here to stay: team chairman Clay Bennett climbing atop a stage and uttering the words, ‘We made it,’ opening night, Kevin Durant’s scoring feats, coaching changes, Carmelo Anthony’s game-winners and the playoffs to name a few.
But Westbrook’s mentions of towns throughout Oklahoma, Blackwell to Bartlesville, Kingfisher to Kingston, is yet another slice of reinforcement that the NBA is planting roots right here in our backyard. If you’re an Oklahoma native, or even a transplant who’s fallen head over heels for this place, you can’t watch this commercial without feeling a special sense of pride at how Westbrook symbolizes how far this state has come.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients