Draft rumors gone wild
In the internet age there is a ton of information. Sometimes too much.
Since Thunder GM Sam Presti never reveals options he’s mulling over even those most connected around the NBA have little information as to what Presti is thinking entering Thursday night’s draft.
One rumor had Thabeet’s camp stating it’s a 100 percent chance OKC will select him if he’s available at No. 3.
For a couple of weeks most reports indicate Sam Presti will select James Harden.
ESPN’s Chad Ford, who as connected as almost anyone in the NBA, predicts Presti will take Rubio if he’s available.
There are reports Presti wouldn’t mind trading the pick if he can accumluate additional assets.
It’s impossible to gague what Presti will do. There’s a good chance Presti himself doesn’t know just over 48 hours from the draft.
It’s quite possible that Presti is still reviewing all his options and will wait until No. 2 Memphis announces its decision — Rubio, Thabeet or trade the pick — before he knows what he will do.
The safe route is to take James Harden. He would give the Thunder a quality shooting guard and proved at the rookie combine he’s more athletic than given credit.
It’s doubtful Presti would select Rubio with the intent of keeping him on the roster. Presti probably would select Rubio and then try to trade the teenage point guard.
Thabeet? He’s the inside force the Thunder lacks. But he’s far from a slam dunk NBA center. Is Presti convinced Thabeet is the rebounder, shot blocker that can make a huge impact defensively?
And what about the rumors Presti is enamored with Stephen Curry? If OKC drafts Curry, or Rubio for that matter, they would be a fun team to watch racing down the floor with a bevy of shooters. But that lineup also would face some lopsided mismatches defensively.
Presti should have several options. He always does his homework. But what Presti does Thursday night is anyone’s guess at this point. No one truly knows. Maybe even Presti himself.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5743Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5628OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 5567Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients