Another lottery pick?
By Mike Baldwin
ESPN reported late Tuesday night that the Thunder and Phoenix are rumored to be discussing a trade that would give Oklahoma City two lottery picks Thursday night in the draft.
Ready for the punch line. The Suns want their unprotected pick back that Sam Presti stole from them just a few months on the job from the Kurt Thomas trade two years ago.
According to the report, OKC would get Phoenix’s No. 14 pick while the Suns would get the Thunder’s No. 25 pick late in the first round. It went on to say Presti has an eye on using the pick on Ohio State center B.J. Mullens.
Is it a good deal? It depends.
Phoenix might dismantle. The pick Phoenix would get back could be extremely valuable in the 2010 draft, which figures to be much more loaded with star prospects. What if the Suns tear things apart and have a top 10 pick next season?
If the deal is made, who does Presti select with the final lottery pick?
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3356Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3265Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3234George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients