More draft rumors, three top 18 picks?
One theory floating around is Minnesota, loaded with four first-round picks, might be more apt to trade with Oklahoma City for the No. 3 pick than to trade with Memphis to move up to No. 2.
It makes sense, especially since most believe the Grizzlies won’t take Ricky Rubio for a couple of reasons, one being Rubio doesn’t want to play there.
Minnesota could give the Thunder the No. 5 and No. 18 picks in exchange for OKC’s No. 3. Both teams might still get what they want.
If the Grizzlies select Hasheem Thabeet at No. 2, the Timberwolves could select Ricky Rubio at No. 3. Sacrammento might take Tyereke Evans which would allow Sam Presti to take either James Harden or Stephen Curry, two players Presti reportedly likes and obatin an additional draft pick.
Who knows how it will turn out? After trading Mike Miller and Randy Foye, Minnesota needs perimeter players but there was a report they would love Thabeet to fill out their front line. It could be a smoke screen to force Memphis to take Thabeet. It may be legit.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients