OKC still has Phoenix's unprotected pick
At the end of the draft, Oklahoma City still owned Phoenix’s unprotected first-round pick next season.
With news that Shaquille O’Neal has been dealt to play with Clevleand and LeBron James, and the Suns might also trade Amare Stoudemire, that pick is looking more and more valuable. If Phoenix winds up rebuilding the Suns should end up giving OKC a lottery pick.
The irony to the unprotected Phoenix pick is there were rumors early in the week that Sam Presti might give Phoenix back its 2010 pick to select Ohio State center B.J. Mullens. Presti still has the pick and Mullens.
Asked late Thursday night if Phoenix’s unprotected pick was ever on the table in trade talks, Presti gave the obligatory “everything is on the table” answer. In other words, teams asked about the pick but in the end Presti felt it wasn’t worth using in this draft.
Still, the fact the rumor was out there was an indication Presti was high on Mullens’ long-term potential. His quotes at the press conference, that he was surprised Mullens was still there at No. 24, is further proof Mullens was on their radar like the rumor suggested.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7618Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7497Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6747UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients