Phil Jackson Speaking His Mind
Phil Jackson was up to his old tricks before his Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Thunder on Sunday afternoon.
The Lakers coach who has a history of playing mind games with opponents, and has singled out Kevin Durant, was back at it again in his pre-game interview session. Jackson refused to give Oklahoma City and Thunder players much credit for anything. It was classic Phil. A transcript of the dialogue…
Q: In that final game of the first-round series last year, these fans gave them a standing ovation after they had lost. Have you ever seen that before or heard of that before in the NBA?
A: Yeah. I’ve seen it before. I’ve seen young teams have that same kind of support from their home crowd. They see a team that’s on the rise and they’re excited about it.
Q: Does (Nazr Mohammed and Kendrick Perkins) experience help the Thunder at all? Those two guys have been to the Finals. Mohammed’s won a championship. Do those things have an impact on a team?
A: They’re pretty young. Kendrick’s a pretty young guy. I don’t know how much experience he has if (Kevin) Garnett’s not talking in his ear and sending him where to go. I think he’s got the notion. But whether he can be a leader and lead them, that’s another story. They have leadership that’s pretty intact with probably Westbrook and Durant.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients