Documentary “Sonicsgate” To Premier Online Oct. 12
On the day the Thunder makes its preseason debut at the Ford Center an online documentary chronicling the team’s move from Seattle is scheduled to be released online.
The film, “Sonicsgate,” is an 80-minute documentary scheduled to be released online Oct. 12 and is produced by Seattle-based filmmaker Jason Reid and “a crew of angry Sonics fans,” according to a press release by the organization Save Our Sonics. Reid, the director, hopes to generate momentum for the Sonics issue and eventually help get another NBA team in the city of Seattle.
Judging by the three-minute trailer, the documentary appears to be worthy of a look. It seems the film will be very accusatory in nature, with the blame looking like it will be pointed to everyone from Seattle Mayor Greg Nichols to Thunder chairman Clay Bennett to the Legislature to former owner Howard Schultz. But several key characters were interviewed for the documentary, including Slade Gorton, Paul Lawrence, Brad Keller, Tom Carr, Brian Robinson Chris Van Dyk, Nick Collison, Desmond Mason and Kevin Calabro among others.
“We feel it is important to capture the rich history of the SuperSonics in Seattle,” Reid said. “This film exposes the truth behind the SuperSonics’ tragic exodus after 41 years in the Emerald City. There are people who need to be held accountable for how the team was scandalously ripped away from fans.”
For more on the project visit www.sonicsgate.org.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6132Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5722Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5312Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients