The Thunder has been on a run of victories (19-6) since acquiring center Kendrick Perkins from the Boston Celtics on Feb. 24. OKC also has been on a run of technical fouls.
Perkins’ toughness and attitude have become infectious and the Thunder’s demeanor has noticeably become more aggressive. Since Perkins first stepped on the court for OKC on March 14 at Washington, the Thunder has been whistled for 15 technical fouls in 16 games (Nick Collison’s technical last Friday against Denver has been rescinded). Before Perkins took the court, OKC had 23 technicals in 65 games.
Even mild-mannered Thunder coach Scott Brooks has changed, getting his two technicals four games apart.
Here is a breakdown of technical fouls for Thunder players before/after Perkins first played for OKC (and their season total):
Perkins - 4/7 (11); Russell Westbrook – 7/1 (8); Serge Ibaka - 5/1 (6); Nate Robinson - 4/0 (4); Kevin Durant – 2/1 (3); Nazr Mohammed – 2/1 (3); x-Nick Collison – 0/1 (1); Thabo Sefolosha – 1/1 (2); Coach Scott Brooks – 0/2 (2); James Harden – 1/0 (1); Eric Maynor – 1/0 (1); Daequan Cook – 1/0 (1); Royal Ivey – 1/0 (1); Byron Mullens – 1/0 (1); Cole Aldrich - 0/0 (0). Also: Jeff Green – 1; Nenad Krstic – 1; D.J. White – 1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients