Thunder team on the rise?
ESPN ranks the Thunder second as the NBA team most likely to have a dramatic upswing. Of 55 ESPN writers that voted in the poll, 11 selected Oklahoma City as ”Team Turnaround” this season.
ESPN wrote: “In Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and James Harden, the Thunder have arguably the best young squad in the NBA. Buf it the Thunder are to be Team Turnaround, it begins and ends with Duran’ts continuing ascension to superstardom. If he makes the leap, the Thunder very well could jump up in the standings.
The Thunder won 23 games last season, only a three-game improvement from the team’s final season in Seattle. But following a disastrous 3-29 start Oklahoma City was 20-30 over its final 50 games, including two wins over the Spurs and other wins over playoff teams like Utah, Portland, Dallas, Chicago and Detroit.
The Washington Wizards (23 votes) were the overwhelming leader. Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers (8) were third. No other team received more than three votes.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients