Thunder tempers expectations
Fran Blinebury, a long-time sportswriter in Houston who now works for NBA.com, wrote Kevin Durant and his Thunder teammates realize there’s national hype about them being a team on the rise but their primary focus is to improve on a daily basis.
Writing a story after the Thunder’s loss Monday night to the Rockets, Blinebury quoted Durant:
”It’s not a question of us not believing in ourselves,” Durant said. “We’re gaining confidence as we gain experience. It’s not a question of how far this team could someday go because the sky is the limit.
“But the only thing that’s going to get us from here to there is to keep our heads down, keep coming to work and getting better one step at a time. Hey, that’s how we got from there to here.”
Brooks said one thing Durant learned in the off-season was star players don’t always have to take the key shot, that sometimes it’s making a good play to set up a teammate, something Durant observed in last year’s playoffs.
The NBA.com article reiterates what coach Scott Brooks, general manager Sam Presti and players have been saying throughout training camp — hard work is their primary focus. If they do that they feel the wins and losses will take care of themself.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients