Thunder will win opener
After going an unimpressive 2-2 on Opening Night, thanks to the Wizards and Celtics posting upsets, here are my predictions for tonight’s dozen games.
OKC 96, Sacramento 91: The Kings dominated the final preaseson game but the Thunder played with no emotion. Tonight, the atmosphere will be electric. It won’t be easy but the Thunder starts 1-0.
Cleveland 96, Toronto 93: For the second straight night the Cavs are involved in one of the best games. The Raptors, opening at home, are much improved. If Toronto wins an 0-2 start for the Shaq/LeBron Cavs would be placed under much national scrutiny.
Orlando 94, Philadelphia 88: The Sixers are erratic and sometimes pull off upsets but the Magic is always tough at home.
Boston 98, Charlotte 90: The Celtics overcame an early 14-point deficit and looked impressive in Cleveland. They won’t slip up in their home opener.
San Antonio 96., New Orleans 84: There’s good vibes in the Alamo City following some off-season moves, bad vibes in the Big Easy where Emeka Okafor didn’t practice much all preseason. Spurs win easily.
Denver 106, Utah 97: The Nuggets hope to build on their solid trip to the Western finals last year. The Jazz is tough at home but often struggles on the road. Melo and Chauncey start 1-0.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3637Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3548Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3516As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients