Cavs 0-2? Time to panic?
The Sporting News, always trying to be ahead of the curve, did a huge story in its NBA season preview issue breaking down a projected Cavaliers-Lakers matchup in the 2010 NBA Finals. They used four pages to comapre the two teams.
It’s only two games. The Cavs will be fine. It’s not like they’re going to miss the playoffs. LeBron James’ triple-double in the loss Wednesday night at Toronto was a reminder he’s probably still the best player in the league.
But Cleveland’s 0-2 start is a sign the Cavaliers might not be the Eastern Conference favorite many of us made them out to be, myself included.
Shaquille O’Neal, Cleveland’s much hyped off-season acquisition, has been a liability defensively. Opponents are taking advantage by pulling him away from the basket, then driving around him, exposing Shaq on pick-and-rolls.
Shaq appears to be a bad fit for the Cavs, who are at their best when they’re running in transition.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7436Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6757Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6289UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients