Thunder to start 2-0?
The Thunder’s schedule is difficut the next five games.
Three Ford Center opponents — Portland (Sunday), Lakers (Tuesday) and Orlando (Nov. 8) feature last year’s two NBA finalists and the 54-win Trail Blazers. The two road games — Detroit (tonight) and Houston (next Friday) — are more winnable but… they’re on the road.
Since Oklahoma City will be an underdog in all five games, securing one or two wins the next nine days would be a good start for the young Thunder.
After a so-so record making daily NBA picks here is Friday’s predictions:
Detroit 94, Thunder 90: This is a game the Thunder could win but the Pistons were impressive in their 22-point road win at Memphis. For OKC to post the upset (they’re a 7-point underdog), the Thunder must at least break even on the boards and score some points in transition.
LA Lakers 99, Dallas 92: A deeper roster was supposed to take some pressure off Dirk Nowitzki but that wasn’t the case in the opener. Lakers should improve to 2-0 but they haven’t hit the road, yet, even though that shouldn’t be an issue.
Boston 96, Chicago 88: The Celtics have been impressive. The Bulls now discover what the Spurs did Thursday night, that playing back-to-back nights, the second game on the road, is difficult.
Atlanta 98, Washington 96: One of the better games tonight. Gilbert Arenas and the Wizards played well in a road win at Dallas. The Hawks won at home. They win again at home but Washington has a shot.
Miami 96, Indiana 94: The Pacers are a slight favorite but D-Wade finds a way to get the Heat a valuable road win.
Philadelphia 98, Milwaukee 88: The Sixers try to bounce back after losing at Atlanta. Believe it or not, the Bucks haven’t played a game, yet.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients