CNBC: Thunder’s Kevin Durant among most influential athletes on Twitter
CNBC.com’s sports business reporter Darren Rovell made a list of the most influential American athletes on Twitter using Klout.com. Thunder star Kevin Durant came in fifth on his list, tied with Lakers forward (and reality TV star) Lamar Odom.
In July, Durant announced his contract extension with Oklahoma City through the social network. Here’s what he told our Darnell Mayberry:
I’m just not the guy that always wants to be in the limelight or have my business out there, even though it will be out there sooner or later. I didn’t want to go through that. Twitter has been good to me. I have a lot of people that follow me. I know a lot of people wanted to know about the contract, so why not? It was cool.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients