Berry Tramel on Russell Westbrook’s ’30 for 30′ Game 4
The Oklahoman sports columnist Berry Tramel blogged about Russell Westbrook’s Game 4 performance against Denver today. Westbrook was 12 for 30 from the field for 30 points in the Thunder’s loss.
Westbrook took too many shots at the expense of Kevin Durant not getting enough. Durant got 18 shots, made eight and scored 31 points. That’s efficient offense. Westbrook took 30 shots, made 12 and scored 30 points. That’s inefficient offense.
No one play gripes me about Westbrook. Not one. Not even that air-ball 3-pointer with eight seconds left. Down three, eight seconds left, it’s OK with me if someone jacks up a three. Get it up, if it misses, maybe someone rebounds. Westbrook shoot it poorly. I don’t believe he shot it unwisely.
No, the problem with Westbrook on Monday night, and something he hopefully can learn from, is that Durant needs more shots. Give six of those Westbrook shots to Durant, put them both at 24, and the Thunder’s in business.
What did you think of Westbrook’s performance? Should he take 30 shots to Kevin Durant’s 18? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients