Denver Post columnist: Oklahoma City needs to win far more badly than Denver does
From The Denver Post sports columnist Mark Kiszla, who visited Durant, Okla., recently and wrote about the Thunder’s impact on Oklahoma:
The state of Oklahoma has wrapped its arms around its fresh, young NBA franchise. Believe it or not, the love of Thunder might be a more crucial element in this first-round playoff series than a bushel of missed free throws clanked by the Nuggets.
For the Thunder, winning basketball games is not only an affair of the heart, but a community service for Oklahoma City, a proud, old cattle town desperately trying to prove it’s more than a rest stop on the way to Dallas.
Read the rest of Kiszla’s column here. What do you think? Leave your comments below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients