Full strength Spurs will be a tough challenge
The Thunder has caught a lot of breaks this season with key players on opposing teams missing games because of injuries. That scenario flip-flops tonight in San Antonio. Coach Gregg Popovich said during pre-game that Tim Duncan and Tony Parker will both play after missing the previous two games with ankle injuries.
The intriguing backdrop to tonight’s game is Oklahoma City split its season series with the Spurs last season, including winning once at AT&T Center.
It was mindboggling that the Thunder fared so well against the veteran Spurs considering Tim Duncan and a strong perimeter game are the very things that constantly doomed Oklahoma City last season.
One explanation is three of the four games were late in the season when the Thunder finished with a 20-30 record and was playing much better basketball.
Another theory is the Spurs are one of those teams a young team could get up for.
The revamped Spurs were supposed to be one of the top contenders this season after adding Richard Jefferson and a few other veterans to a team that has won three NBA titles this decade.
But so far the Spurs have been as unpredicatable as any team.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients