Thunder Speak on Boos
“We didn’t give them too much to cheer about after the first half. It kind of surprised us a little bit, but at the same time it’s something that we deserved a little bit because, like I said, after the first half we didn’t give them too much to cheer about. They made their run and we made a run in the second half. But for the most part in the second half I think we kind of deserved it a little bit.
“I’ve been hearing it. When you’re sitting you’re hearing it all. So I’ve been hearing it. It’s really not a whole lot you can do. You can’t go apologize to all 19,000 people. The only thing you can do is really just give a better effort. It’s embarrassing really. It’s embarrassing for us. It’s embarrassing for I know my family, I can’t speak for everyone else but I’m sure it is. To hear those boos after the excitement that was built up in this season, for us to come out and play like we played recently is just not acceptable. And some how some way we’ve got to turn this thing around.”
“I don’t hear a lot during the game to be honest with you. But I know for a good chunk of the first half I heard them. When you normally hear it most is during a timeout to be honest with you. During the game, you’re focused and you don’t hear as much. I do know that there was a couple of timeouts and there were a couple of runs during that first 21 minutes where I definitely heard the crowd. And I heard them during the second half when they were trying to encourage us and get us going. We’ve got to be concerned with ourselves and just taking care of our own business.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients