Report: Thunder To Sign Mike Wilks
According to the Web site InsideHoops.com, the Thunder will sign free agent point guard Mike Wilks.
The site is reporting that Wilks agent, Bill Neff, has confirmed that Oklahoma City will add the 30-year-old Wilks to provide backcourt relief behind starting point guard Russell Westbrook.
Both of the Thunder’s reserve point guards, Kevin Ollie and Shaun Livingston, are out with knee injuries. Reserve guard Kyle Weaver, a natural shooting guard who is capable of running the team from the lead guard spot and was called on for emergency duty at point guard Tuesday at Utah, sustained a shoulder injury during practice Wednesday.
Wilks, who is listed at 5-foot-10, 180-pounds, is a six-year veteran out of Rice. He has career averages of 2.5 points, 1.2 assists and 1.0 rebounds in 229 games. He’s played for Atlanta, Minnesota, Houston, San Antonio, Cleveland, Seattle, Denver and Washington. Wilks spent last season in Orlando and Memphis but did not play in a game last year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients