Wilcox Out Up To 2 weeks
Chris Wilcox will miss up to two weeks after dislocating his left ring finger Wednesday night against Memphis.
Wilcox, who sustained the injury in the first quarter while swiping at the ball on defense and hitting Grizzlies forward Darko Milicic’s elbow, had been the team’s starting center since Nov. 29 after taking over for opening-day starter Nick Collison, who is likely to return to the starting lineup.
For Wilcox, the injury is the latest in a season of setbacks. Wilcox entered training camp just days after recovering from an illness that caused him to lose 15 pounds. He was then hampered by minor injuries during the preseason before a knee injury in mid-November forced him to miss five games.
“Hopefully I’ll be back before (two weeks). It’s just something that I have to deal with,” Wilcox said. “This is the NBA. You can’t control what goes on with different things like this. But hopefully things will get better and this will heal up and I’ll be back out there on the court.”
Wilcox had his finger popped back into place at Wednesday’s game and will not need surgery.
Wilcox is averaging 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in 18 games, six as a starter.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients