Cleveland center Shaquille O’Neal is questionable for tonight’s game against the Thunder at the Ford Center.
O’Neal left Friday’s game with a left eye contusion after getting hit in the head by the Trail Blazers’ Joel Przybilla. It will be a game-time decision whether O’Neal plays.
Asked at the morning shootaround about his eye, O’Neal said: “It’s all right. It’s cool.”
Coach Mike Brown said the team will be cautious.
“We’re always are, especially at this point of the season,” Brown said. “We’ll see how he feels tonight. If there’s any reason at all that we think we should hold him out we will.”
Since an eye injury is different than a shoulder or ankle, what is Brown’s biggest concern?
“It’s up to the doctors,” Brown said. “I don’t hold them out because I have a concern. Obviously if you get scratched there (in the eye) again it could make it worse. If you have a bum knee and get here there again or a bum finger and you get here there again it can make it worse. That’s the only thing.
“Early in the season it doesn’t hurt that if you do err to err on the side of being cautious.”
Because the injury was serious enough O’Neal had to undergo tests at the hospital, was Shaq scared?
“A little bit,” O’Neal said. “But the Cleveland trainers have done a great job of checking out everything.”
Cavs guard Daniel Gibson also is questionable with a sprained right pinkie he injured last week at Houston. Gibson sat out Friday’s game against Portland.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients