Collison Breaks Bone in Left Thumb
Thunder forward Nick Collison broke a bone in his left thumb at the end of Sunday’s game against
Cleveland and is listed as day-to-day.
Collison did not practice Monday and will be a game-time decision for Tuesday’s road game against the Atlanta Hawks. Collison wasn’t available for comment following Monday’s practice but was seen lifting weights with both hands.
“I haven’t really talked to our medical people yet, but just talking to Nick it’s pretty sore,” said Thunder coach Scott Brooks.
A team spokesman said Collison’s thumb is “painful but he can’t hurt it anymore.”
Collison, the team’s starting center, is averaging 7.0 points and 6.1 rebounds in 28 games. After a slow start to this season, Collison has picked up his play in December, averaging 8.1 points and 6.6 rebounds this month on 69.2 percent shooting. He’s scored in double digits in six of his past eight games.
Chris Wilcox is the most likely candidate to replace Collison as the starting center if Collison is unable to play Tuesday. Robert Swift and Johan Petro are also options.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6314Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6228Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5710Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients