Tuesday's Practice Report
* Nick Collison is day to day with a broken bone in his left thumb. Look for Chris Wilcox to get the start at center if Collison is unable to go. Johan Petro could be an option as well.
* Nenad Krstic has signed an offer sheet from the Thunder, and the New Jersey Nets now have until Tuesday, Dec. 30 to match or decline the reported three-year, $15.8 million contract. General manager Sam Presti declined to comment since Krstic’s rights are still held by the Nets. But Krstic, who was playing this season in Russia, could join the Thunder as early as Dec. 31 against Golden State.
* Sunday’s performance against Cleveland has given the team encouragement. The Thunder lost by 11 to a Cavs team that beat OKC by 35 three weeks ago. “We’re starting to turn things around,” said Kevin Durant. “I think that we’re playing hard and we’ve been executing well on the offensive end and everybody’s been getting involved. That’s only going to make us better.”
* Durant is quietly enjoying the best month of his young NBA career with averages of 25.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.8 blocks. Add to that, he’s shooting 46.9 percent from the field, including 50.0 percent from three-point range while playing 40.8 minutes per game. He’s the only player in the league averaging at least 25 points, seven rebounds and shooting 50 percent from 3 this month. In any other situation, Durant would garner Player of the Month honors. But because of the Thunder’s one win in December, the award is likely a stretch. A shame.
“I’m making shots obviously,” Durant said. “I’m getting in better positions on the floor. I’m able to rebound and bring it up, too. My teammates are doing a good job of putting me in good positions to score. I think I’m closer to the basket, posting up and getting easy baskets there and getting to the free throw line as well. I just got to continue to keep it up and play well.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7269Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6212Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6004UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients