Tuesday’s Practice Report
* Nick Collison is day to day with a broken bone in his left thumb. Look for Chris Wilcox to get the start at center if Collison is unable to go. Johan Petro could be an option as well.
* Nenad Krstic has signed an offer sheet from the Thunder, and the New Jersey Nets now have until Tuesday, Dec. 30 to match or decline the reported three-year, $15.8 million contract. General manager Sam Presti declined to comment since Krstic’s rights are still held by the Nets. But Krstic, who was playing this season in Russia, could join the Thunder as early as Dec. 31 against Golden State.
* Sunday’s performance against Cleveland has given the team encouragement. The Thunder lost by 11 to a Cavs team that beat OKC by 35 three weeks ago. “We’re starting to turn things around,” said Kevin Durant. “I think that we’re playing hard and we’ve been executing well on the offensive end and everybody’s been getting involved. That’s only going to make us better.”
* Durant is quietly enjoying the best month of his young NBA career with averages of 25.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.8 blocks. Add to that, he’s shooting 46.9 percent from the field, including 50.0 percent from three-point range while playing 40.8 minutes per game. He’s the only player in the league averaging at least 25 points, seven rebounds and shooting 50 percent from 3 this month. In any other situation, Durant would garner Player of the Month honors. But because of the Thunder’s one win in December, the award is likely a stretch. A shame.
“I’m making shots obviously,” Durant said. “I’m getting in better positions on the floor. I’m able to rebound and bring it up, too. My teammates are doing a good job of putting me in good positions to score. I think I’m closer to the basket, posting up and getting easy baskets there and getting to the free throw line as well. I just got to continue to keep it up and play well.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5013Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4557Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4155Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients