Westbrook Named Player of the Week
Russell Westbrook has been named Western Conference Player of the Week, the NBA announced Monday.
In four games from Nov. 15 through Nov. 20, Westbrook averaged 23 points, 7.8 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 1.2 steals while leading the Thunder to a 4-0 record. With Kevin Durant sidelined with a sprained ankle, Westbrook scored a game-high 31 points at Boston last Friday to help the Thunder defeat the Celtics 89-84.
This marks the second time in his career Westbrook has won Western Conference Player of the Week honors. He also received the award in February of last season, when he averaged 19.7 points, 9.7 assists, 8.0 rebounds and 3.3 steals while leading the Thunder to a 3-0 record between Feb. 1-7.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5016Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4897Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4295Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients