Report: Collison Deal Worth Roughly $11M
According to a report by ESPN.com late Tuesday night, Thunder forward Nick Collison’s four-year contract extension is worth slightly more than $11 million.
The Web site reported that Collison’s deal is a carefully- and creatively-constructed, front-loaded contract that will pay the eight-year veteran more than half of his money in the remainder of this season.
With the Thunder still more than $6.5 million beneath the $58 million salary cap, the organization was allowed to offer Collison a signing bonus of that amount to cover most of the deal. When Collison’s new deal kicks in during the 2011-12 season, however, his salary will decrease to just over $3.3 million, according to the report, and falling to $2.2 million in 2014-15, the final year of the deal.
The uniquely constructed deal is expected to allow the Thunder to retain a key veteran glue guy while also maintaining maximum financial flexibility to keep its younger players, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green, James Harden and Serge Ibaka, together once their future extensions kick in.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients