Roy Williams brags about Nick Collison
It was 11:20 p.m. back in North Carolina on Saturday when Roy Williams called back for a chance to brag about Nick Collison.
Not once did the Tar Heels coach mention his team’s 75-73 victory over No. 11 Kentucky earlier in the day. All Williams wanted to do was chat about Collison, the All-American he coached at Kansas from 1999-2003.
Without further ado, roll tape:
With Nick, you tell him something one time, show him how to do it, explain what you want him to do, then go on to something else because you’ll never have to show him again. He was the most fundamentally sound player I’ve ever received out of high school. His dad (Dave) did a great job with him in high school. That was a great foundation for him. He had more post moves than anybody I’ve ever seen since Kevin McHale. On top of that, he’s one of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever seen, so coachable. We were in a meeting with all the players and I pointed at Nick and said, ‘Why don’t I ever yell at him?’ Two upperclassmen said, ‘Because he always does things the right way.’ I don’t know if I’ve ever had anyone easier to coach than Nick Collison.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients