Kevin Durant Will Pass On 3-Point Contest
Kevin Durant is on the verge of being voted into the All-Star game as a starter by the fans for the first time.
But don’t expect to see the Thunder forward in many, if any, of the skill competitions in Los Angeles. Durant specifically said he has no interest in the 3-point contest.
“Man, I’m shooting 30 percent from the 3-point line,” Durant said.
Durant, however, has shot 42.3 percent from 3 in six December games, and, no matter what the numbers say in any season, Durant is one of the league’s best perimeter shooters.
But Durant just doesn’t see himself as the classic 3-point shootout contestant.
“I’m not a 3-point contest type of guy,” Durant said. “I tried it in high school at a McDonald’s game. I was bad. It’s fun to watch but I’ll pass.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients