Why Reggie Jackson blows on his hands
Q: Why do you blow on your hands so much throughout the game? What’s that about?
A: I always have a little bit of lotion on my hands so it’s kind of just trying to heat them up and get them moist so I can get a great feel for the game and a great feel for the ball; then I pick up confidence in my play instead of my hands being slick and slippery.
Q: Have you always done that?
A: Yeah, it’s always been a thing I do. Whenever I blow them I can feel the moisture. I do it in practice. I do it everywhere. I’m just trying to find a little bit of sweat or some way to get my hands moist.
Q: How does it help you?
A: I believe it’s become almost like a ritual. It feels good. It warms my hands up, and it helps me with my control and just my confidence that I have control over the ball rather than bringing the ball up and it feeling slick in my hands and just being worried.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients