Magic Calls Artest’s Elbow A ‘Cheap Shot’
Roughly 10 minutes after Ron Artest went upside James Harden’s head with a wicked elbow, the ABC studio crew jumped right into analyzing the attack during the broadcast’s halftime show. Two former NBA players, one of them Hall of Famer and former Lakers great Magic Johnson, delivered the strongest statements in speaking out against the vicious play that knocked Harden out of the game and perhaps the remainder of the regular season. Magic immediately said he believed Artest’s act was intentional and ruled it a “cheap shot.”
I’m sitting here as a former Laker and it’s just really disheartening for me because last year (Andrew) Bynum takes out J.J. Barea. And now this. It was definitely intentional. You don’t go up to a man’s head without it being intentional. And I love Metta World Peace. He’s got to get suspended, not only the Sacramento game, but he’s probably going to get suspended the first game of the playoffs. And this is not how the Lakers should be playing. Look, I like physical basketball but I don’t like cheap shots. And that was a cheap shot.”
Jon Barry, a 14-year NBA player, also considered it intentional and said Artest has to be suspended into the playoffs. You can hear the entire segment below as Magic, Barry, Michael Wilbon and Chris Broussard discuss the play.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients