Oklahoma City Thunder: Predicting the first round
Predicting the first round of the NBA playoffs:
Thunder vs. Dallas: Thunder in seven. Oklahoma City is much the better team — 11 more wins in a 66-game season. That’s a bunch of victories. But the Thunder hasn’t played well down the stretch. Dallas hasn’t either, but the Mavs are a tough matchup anyway for OKC. I think the Thunder will struggle to get past Dallas.
Spurs vs. Jazz: San Antonio in five. I like Utah. Tyrone Corbin was my preseason pick for coach of the year, and while he has no chance, the Jazz did show that their revival is in full bloom. But San Antonio is playing really well.
Clippers vs. Grizzlies: Memphis in five. I like Memphis. I like Memphis a lot. The Clippers are playing well, but I think Memphis will defend the pick’n roll, which means LA is in serious trouble.
Lakers vs. Nuggets: Denver in six. Let’s see. The Lakers are a thin team, and now the Lakers are without a starter, Metta World Chaos. How does that bode well for LA? The Lakers have a huge edge inside, but Denver at least has a bunch of bodies it can throw at the Lakers.
Bulls vs. Sixers: Chicago in four. Philadelphia staggered to the finish line. The Sixers won a bunch of games early when the schedule was easy, then lost a bunch of games late when the schedule was tough. Chicago ought to sit out Derrick Rose the entire series. It still would be a sweep.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients