Oklahoma City Thunder: Ranking the Game 1 winners
The Thunder got a huge win over Dallas in Game 1, 99-98, winning on Kevin Durant’s soft jumper with 1.5 seconds left in the game. But here’s how crazy were the first weekend of the NBA playoffs. That wasn’t even the most impressive 99-98 game. Ranking the eight winners, in terms of impressiveness of performance:
1. LA Clippers: Down 27 points in the third quarter — and down 24 with nine minutes left — the Clippers stormed back and won it, 99-98. Chris Paul’s two foul shots with 23 seconds left put the Clips ahead for good, then Rudy Gay missed a shot at the buzzer for Memphis. One confession: I fell asleep on the Clips. Me and most of America.
2. Orlando: Left for dead during the Dark Shadows season of Dwight Howard, the Magic went to Indianapolis and stunned the Pacers 81-77. Howard is out with a back injury. Stan Van Gundy is dead coaching walking. Indiana has the better roster. But Van Gundy is a coaching fiend.
3. Lakers: LA was at home against Denver, but the Lakers were without Metta World Chaos, serving his notable suspension. And the Lakers won easy, 103-88. That’s got to be discouraging for the Nuggets, the NBA’s highest-scoring team.
4. Miami: Blowout city. The Heat routed the Knickerbockers 100-67. No one wants to play the Heat.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients