Oklahoma City Thunder: Grades after two games
As the Thunder-Maverick series shifts to Dallas for Games 3 and 4, let’s review how each Boomer has played in the series, which Oklahoma City leads 2-0.
Nick Collison: B. Collison has more fouls (nine) than points and rebounds combined (four of each). But no big deal. Collison has one mission in this series. Guard Dirk Nowitzki reasonably well. Collison did it very well for stretches of Game 1. Collison’s plus/minus for the series is even — the Thunder and Mavs have scored the same amount of points when Collison is on the floor.
Daequan Cook: C. Cook has not shot well — 1-of-6 total, 0-for-5 from 3-point range — and shooting is his job. But Cook has four rebounds in 17:53 of playing time, which makes him the team’s No. 2 rebounder per minute, trailing only Kendrick Perkins. And Cook hasn’t hurt the Thunder. His plus/minus was +7 in Game 2, even in Game 1.
Kevin Durant: C. Nobody much has written about this, but the biggest concern I see with Shawn Marion’s defense on Durant is the resulting shot selection. Durant’s frustration is mounting, to the point he took some shaky shots in Game 2. That floating one-hander away from the basket? Get rid of that. KD’s plus/minus is -6, including a -7 in Game 2.
Derek Fisher: B. Fisher is averaging 20 minutes a game, and it’s hard to knock Scotty Brooks for using Fish when he plays like this. After a nothing Game 1, Fisher was superb in Game 2 — 5-of-6 shooting, 11 points. That’s why the Thunder signed him. Fisher is one of just two Thunders with a positive plus/minus in both games (+1, +11).
James Harden: A. Is it possible that Harden is the NBA’s most efficient player? I’m serious. I think he might be. Even when Harden is having an off night, he’s on. Harden in two games has made just two six of 14 shots. Which by the way, isn’t enough shots. The Thunder needs to get Harden more. But he’s living at the foul line; 19 of 20 combined, which gives Harden 34 points for the series. His plus/minus is +15, including a +16 in Game 2.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients