Thunder-Mavericks: Will a NBA Sportsmanship Award winner stem the tide of bad blood flowing in this first-round series?
Here’s an announcement that just might stem the tide of bad blood flowing in the Thunder-Mavericks series:
Dallas point guard Jason Kidd is the winner of the 2011-2012 NBA Sportsmanship Award.
The award is given to a player who makes a significant off-court contributions, so David Stern won’t be snatching the Joe Dumars Trophy away from Kidd tonight if, for example, he pushes Russell Westbrook. But that would be out of character for one of the league’s wise heads and for someone who earned this award for his work through The Jason Kidd Foundation. His group is credited with improving education among the youth through mentoring and technology programs.
Kidd was one of six regional nominees for the award. Here’s the five other nominees. See if you can find the one who, ahem, doesn’t always comport himself in a sporting way on the court: Shane Battier, Miami; Antwan Jamison, Cleveland; Luke Ridnour, Minnesota; Jeremy Lin, New York; and Chris Paul, L.A. Clipppers.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients