Mother’s Day Keeping Kevin Durant Cool
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Ordinarily, Kevin Durant would be antsy after a loss. Especially a playoff loss.
The Thunder’s All-Star forward generally can’t wait to get back on the floor and get another shot at a victory.
But on Sunday, following Oklahoma City’s 101-93 overtime loss to Memphis in Game 3, Durant took a different approach.
That’s because it was Mother’s Day.
“If it wasn’t Mother’s Day, I’d be ready to play right now,” Durant said after Sunday’s practice. “But my mom is here, and she’s taking a lot of pressure off me.”
Durant called Sunday ‘bittersweet.’ His brother, Tony, has joined him and his mother, Wanda Pratt, in Memphis. But the sting of Saturday’s fourth-quarter collapse was understandably competing with what should be a celebratory day.
“To lose yesterday and have to think about it for a whole day,” Durant said. “But to have my mom and my family here takes a lot of pressure off me. So I’m good.”
Durant was then asked if he got his mother a good gift.
“Every day is Mother’s Day for her,” Durant said with a smile. “Just having her around, having that support for me is key. Gifts can buy that. I’m blessed.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients