Lakers: Livin’ large at the line
The Los Angeles Lakers beat the Thunder 99-96 in Game 3 on Friday night thanks to their near-perfection at the free-throw line.
The Lakers converted an astonishing 41 of 42 from the line (.976), the second-best percentage in NBA playoff history (30 or more attempts) to the Dallas Mavericks making 49 of 50 (.980) against the San Antonio Spurs in 2003.
During the regular season, the Lakers were a middle-of-the-road team from the line, ranking 16th in the NBA (.756). Had the Lakers shot their usual percentage at the line, they would have had scored nine fewer points (32 for 42).
The Thunder, which converted 26 of 28 (.929) in Game 3, led the league in three-throw percentage (.806) for the second straight year.
Here is what the Lakers shot on Friday compared to the regular season:
PLAYER; GAME 3; REGULAR SEASON
KobeBryant; 18-18 (1.000); .845
PauGasol; 4-4 (1.000); .782
Metta World Peace; 2-2 (1.000); .778
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients