Oklahoma City Thunder: Most entertaining team in sports?
Oklahoma City might not have the best team in the NBA. That’s becoming more and more clear as this San Antonio series takes seed. But can we all agree that OKC has the most entertaining team in the NBA? Maybe the most entertaining team in sports.
Of course, some define entertaining as strictly winning. OK. I’m not going to argue. I don’t agree at all, but if you want to embrace that take-your-ball-and-go-home argument, fine. But I define entertaining as fun and dramatic to watch. Going to the arena never knowing what you’ll get.
In the playoffs and the regular season, the Thunder provides both the wow factor and the what? factor. The Thunder matches the excitement and talent level of any team — Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Serge Ibaka, they all solicit oohs and aahs throughout most any game.
Now, not everything about the Thunder is high entertainment. When the ball stops moving and the Thunder offense starts playing in quicksand, well, that’s not nearly as entertaining as the Spurs firing the ball around the hardwood. But the Spurs don’t always fire the ball around the hardwood — it’s possible that Tony Parker takes more dribbles in a game than does Russell Westbrook; in fact, I’m quite sure of it — and the Thunder offense doesn’t always bog down.
But here’s why the Thunder is the most entertaining team perhaps in all of sports. The games they play. They have a very difficult time finding their way to a blowout, good or bad.
Look at the playoffs. The Thunder played an obviously-overmatched Mavericks team. The Thunder swept four games. It won Game 1 99-98 on Durant’s buzzer-beater, Game 2 102-99 when Jason Terry missed two 3-pointers in the final five seconds and Game 4 103-97 with a comeback from a 13-point deficit in the fourth quarter.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5427Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5123Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4825Student shot dead during botched home invasion
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients