Jeremy Lamb Wasn’t Feeling The D-League
In today’s paper I wrote about Eric Maynor having no interest in a D-League assignment.
As a fourth-year player, Maynor has a choice in the matter.
Rookie guard Jeremy Lamb did not, and the Thunder’s promising young shooting guard initially wasn’t hrilled to find out he was bound for Tulsa, according to NBA.com.
I’ll admit that I wasn’t really happy when they first came and told me that they wanted me to play in the D-League,” he said. “I mean, you come out of college and get drafted and the thrill and the expectation is that you’re in the NBA.”
After a wildly successful two-year stint at UConn, where he won a national championship as a freshman and earned All-Big East honors in his second and final seasons, Lamb went on to become the 12th overall pick in the NBA Draft. After the Houston Rockets selected him, Lamb likely never thought Tulsa would be a place he’d be playing.
It wasn’t until he joined the 66ers that Lamb finally warmed up to the idea.
You’re hearing what they’re saying when they tell you about the D-League and how it can help. Still it’s pretty hard not to feel like you’ve been demoted. But once I got to Tulsa and got [to] play a few games and get plenty of minutes, I could understand the value and it’s made a lot of sense.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients