Rapid reaction: Thunder finish undefeated road trip with 102-90 win over the Suns
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Oklahoma City completed an impressive (and undefeated) three-game road trip in Phoenix on Monday night, taking down the Suns 102-90. Here’s some rapid reaction:
The pesky Suns stayed in this one for most of the night, but you got the feeling OKC was always one quick run from putting it away. That came midway through the fourth quarter, when Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook took over. And it came in highlight fashion. With the Thunder lead cut to five, Westbrook bagged a pair of free throws before hitting a long three. Moments later, Durant went on a personal 10-2 run, jumping an eight-point contest into a 16-point fourth quarter runaway.
It was over when…
…Durant ended that 10-2 flurry with this ridiculous slam on Suns center Marcin Gortat.
Star of the game – Kevin Durant
During this undefeated three-game road trip, Durant averaged 37.6 points per game on 56 percent shooting. He started it off in LA with that ridiculous 42-point domination of the Lakers and closed it out Monday night with a 41-point outburst, including a 19-point fourth quarter filled with long range Js and violent finishes, both serving as definitive daggers in the Suns psyche. Favorite for league MVP as the season nears its halfway point.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients