Report: Cheeks In Mix For Toronto Coaching Job
ESPN.com is reporting that Thunder assistant coach Maurice Cheeks is a candidate for Toronto’s coaching vacancy.
The report, citing unnamed sources, says Cheeks joins Lawrence Frank and Dwane Casey on the Raptors’ short list.
The Raptors are not expected to make a decision on their coach until GM Bryan Colangelo returns from a scouting trip in Europe. They are also expected to wait until they can interview Mavericks assistant coach Casey, after the NBA Finals.”
This is the second straight summer that Cheeks has been linked to another opening. Last summer, Cheeks was widely reported to be a candidate to join Tom Thibodeau’s staff in Chicago. ESPN.com’s Ric Bucher also tweeted Thursday night that Cheeks may draw interest from Detroit.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3494Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3437Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3281Oklahoma softball: Keilani Ricketts and Sooners beat the heat as they hold off Arkansas
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients