Rapid reaction: OKC holds off Dallas 117-114 behind Kevin Durant’s 52 points
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Behind Kevin Durant’s career-high 52 points, Oklahoma City survived in Dallas on Friday night, winning 117-114 in overtime. Here’s some rapid reaction:
During an uncharacteristic fourth quarter, Kevin Durant couldn’t buy a bucket. On the move, in the paint, wide open from deep. Shots he usually drops in his sleep just weren’t falling. Overall, he was 2/10 shooting in a final frame that saw the Mavericks erase a nine-point deficit and send it to overtime. But the lid was lifted in the extra session, when Durant poured in three of four shots, all daggers, to dramatically finish off a career-high 52-point night.
Driving left and dropping in a smooth looking runner for points 51 and 52, KD iced the back-and-forth game with this smooth floater.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients