Video: Russell Westbrook stuffs Nuggets’ mascot, hears it from Denver crowd
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
It was ‘Why not?’ Sunday for Russell Westbrook in Denver last night.
Why not score a season-high 36 points? Why not jack up 26 shots to do so? Why not add eight rebounds, nine assists and seven turnovers? And why not do it all on what looked like a badly sprained ankle?
But of all of Westbrook’s erratic, strange and knee-jerk ways (many of them effective on the court), his ‘Why not stuff the Denver mascot on a half court shot?’ may have been oddest. And most hilarious.
Channeling his inner Kevin Garnett — only in a much eviler way — Westbrook ruined the hopes of many young Nuggets fans, leaping up to goaltend an in-timeout fifty foot heave from Rocky as it appeared heading for a splash through the net.
And the best part? He did it again (and managed to throw in some healthy trash-talking to a newfound rival who’s, you know, incapable of speaking).
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients