Oklahoma City Thunder: Durant, Westbrook dominating the ball
Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook dominate the ball for the Thunder. Generally, that’s a good thing.
But sometimes, it backfires, like the Thunder’s 121-118 overtime loss to the Nuggets on Sunday night. Durant did not shoot well or play well. Westbrook started off strong but then tailed off. When both are playing poorly (by their standards), and still dominating the ball like usual, the Thunder is in trouble.
Against Denver, Durant and Westbrook combined for 76 of the Thunder’s 122 usages, which is the term for ending a possession, either by shot, foul shots or turnover.
Durant took 20 shots, 21 foul shots (thus 10 usages) and committed five turnovers. Westbrook took 26 shots, 17 foul shots (thus eight usages) and committed seven turnovers.
Here are the usages for the other Thunder players:
Kevin Martin 14 (he needs more; I think Circle K needs 14 shots per game).
Serge Ibaka 14 (same thing as Martin, though not as critical to the common good).
Kendrick Perkins 8 (those offensive fouls, I think Perk had two, count).
Thabo Sefolosha 4 (not enough. When Thabo scores 8-10 points, the Thunder is tough to beat. He had four against the Denvers).
Nick Collison 4 (three turnovers, including a critical illegal screen).
Hasheem Thabeet 1 (seems about right).
Reggie Jackson 1 (one usage in 5:51 of court time. Just when you think Jackson is progressing, he has an invisible game like this).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients