Oklahoma City Thunder: Heat is the heavy & the underdog
The Miami Heat is the heavy in the NBA Finals. But also the underdog. Funny how that works.
It’s like ESPN analyst (and Basketball Hall of Famer) Chris Mullin said: “Who would ever think when they got this team together two years ago, that they would be an underdog?”
But it’s true. The Thunder is both the betting favorite and the sentimental favorite. For the Tuesday Oklahoman, I wrote about the Thunder being the people’s choice. You can read that column here.
The Thunder’s Derek Fisher, who with the Lakers has played on his share of teams that most certainly weren’t America’s sweethearts, said, “If (being) the people’s choice could help us win games, maybe I’d feel differently. But with all due respect, there’s not much they can do for us on the court. We’re playing against the Miami Heat, we’re in a good position in terms of the people’s choice being on our homecourt and having our home fans to open up tomorrow night. But overall, at the end of the day, it’s about our mentality and our approach to the situation and we’ll let those parts of it kind of take care of itself.”
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients