Video: Kevin Martin becomes first Thunder player to receive flopping fine
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Did you have Kevin Martin in your office pool? As the first Thunder player who would feel the wrath of the league’s new flopping regulations?
Then congratulations, you won.
The NBA fined Martin $5,000 on Wednesday afternoon for what they deemed to be a flop in OKC’s game against the Nuggets on Sunday. And I have to say, it’s easy to agree with the league on this one.
Unless Martin took a violent shot to the ribs from Lennay Kekua (too soon?), then this is one of the more egregious violations, complete with the scream and flail.
He’s only the third player this season to take a wallet hit for a flopping act, joining Minnesota’s J.J. Barea and Brooklyn’s Reggie Evans.
The next violation comes with a $10,000 fine.
Here’s video his original flop, which earned the initial warning:
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients