Rapid reaction: Oklahoma City pummels the Kings 105-95 in Sacramento
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
In what will likely be the franchise’s final game in Sacramento, OKC throttled the Kings 105-95 on Friday night. Here’s some rapid reaction:
The Thunder came out sloppy, falling into an early 14-point hole, their biggest deficit of the road trip, and looked destined for another late-night West Coast battle. But then OKC started playing like OKC and the Kings started playing like the Kings. Kevin Martin entered the game and immediately dropped in 15 points, sparking a 49-28 run to end the first half.
It was over when…
…Russell Westbrook came out dropping dimes in the second half, tying a Thunder record with eight assists in the third quarter alone. His passes were sharp, smart and crisp, constantly threading the ball through tight windows for beautiful backbreaking assists. Sacramento made a commendable effort in the fourth, but this one was decided before the third quarter was done.
Star of the game – Russell Westbrook
His line – 7/18 shooting, 18 points and a season-high 14 assists. Not his greatest shooting night, but one of his best showings as a true point guard. He took over the game, providing a nice bounceback to his ugly showing against Golden State on Wednesday night (3/16 shooting and six turnovers).
Stats of note
-Kevin Durant is now sixth in the league with 65 dunks this season. Everyone ahead of him is a center. LeBron has 60.
-The Thunder is now 30-1 when leading after three quarters this season.
-Kevin Durant had double-digit rebounds for the first time in 19 games. He ended with 24 points and 11 rebounds.
-Russell Westbrook had his third double-double this month. His 14 assists were a season-high.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3888Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3626Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3076Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients