VIDEO: Russell Westbrook throws a fit after getting benched by Scott Brooks
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Early in the third quarter of a relatively uneventful Thunder blowout, things suddenly got a bit more interesting.
An angry and emotional Russell Westbrook tends to have that effect.
After being called for the always rare five-second violation (video below), a clearly peeved Westbrook barked at Thabo Sefolosha for what it looked like he thought was a lazy cut.
Things only escalated from there. Memphis hit two consecutive shots (sandwiching a Westbrook miss) and Scott Brooks was forced to call what became an emotional timeout.
Westbrook came to the sidelines barking at no one in particular (but everybody at the same time). TNT reported an argument between him and Kevin Durant.
Either way, Brooks seemed miffed at his overly emotional point guard and made a brief statement, benching Westbrook for the final eight minutes of the third quarter.
Needless to say, Westbrook didn’t handle it too well, throwing a wild fit on the bench, hitting a chair and briefly heading back toward the locker room.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients