Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith weigh in on the Russell Westbrook meltdown
By now, you probably know what happened. And you’ve likely heard a variety of opinions on the subject.
Well, here’s two more: ESPN’s Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.
And don’t worry, the two were as opinionated and outlandish as expected. I’m sure Thunder fans are going to love this.
Highlights from both:
Stephen A. Smith (who was complimentary of Westbrook at times)
“If you can react that way to being up 25, and react that way to a teammate with the cameras rolling and thousands of people in the stands over something like that, is it not possible somebody will rattle you come playoff time, rattle you come NBA Finals.”
“I believe that Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook together will ultimately win multiple titles, but what I saw last night has me ruling them out of winning the title this year. Because you are going to go up against more seasoned individuals who know how to play together, know how to communicate together and how not to overreact.”
“I really, really saw a kid last night, I didn’t see a young man. And that’s what I’m concerned about.”
“Love Kevin Durant, my favorite player, hate it that he is forced to play with Russell Westbrook. Really scares me for Kevin Durant’s sake, long term.”
“Not only did blow his cool, but he blew his team’s psyche.”
“That’s 100 percent selfish. That’s all about Westbrook’s out of control ego.”
“At some point it’s going to get him. In the Western Conference Playoffs, it’ll get them.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6130Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 6065Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients