Sam Presti Talking About Reggie Jackson
Thunder general manager Sam Presti spoke about Reggie Jackson late Thursday night, roughly 2 1/2 hours after the franchise selected the Boston College guard 24th overall in the NBA Draft.
Here are various snippets from what Presti had to say:
In Reggie Jackson, we feel like we have a player that brings great length and athleticism. He continues to add depth to a core of players that we see as growing together. With a team that won 55 games last season, the objective is to continue to layer the organization with young talented players when it comes to the draft and we feel good about the fact that we’ve been able to do that.
We look at him as a pretty versatile player. We look at him as a guy that has played both positions. We like the fact that he’s got a great feel for the game. He’s got a great pace to him. But he also combines that in a package with supreme athleticism and length, which are all qualities that we like in our players and has been a big part of our progress with our team.
He’s a guy that is a willing learner. He’s a guy with great athletic ability. He’s a guy that can shoot the ball. And he’s a guy that really understands that he has room to grow and wants to improve. And that’s what his focus is.
A guy with his size and length, he doesn’t play specifically of of that athleticism alone. We feel like he’s a really good passer. He’s not a home run-play passer. He sees things develop pretty well. And then obviously being able to make shots like he does, we think he’s got a nice combination. At the same time, he’s got a long way to go to improve. We have to try to help him get there.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7196Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6116Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6096Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients