VIDEO: TNT crew discusses Russell Westbrook meltdown (with interview)
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Over the next few days, everyone’s going to have their opinions on the Russell Westbrook tantrum and what it says about the Thunder’s polarizing point guard.
But eventually, like anything else, it’ll all blow over.
Until then, however, we might as well enjoy the always hilarious TNT crew weigh in on the subject.
Here are some of the highlights from the above video:
0:25 - Hasheem Thabeet trying to play peacemaker, Russell Westbrook not having it.
0:48 - Westbrook telling Craig Sager (in a derogatory way): “If that’s what you say, brah,” may have been my favorite interview moment of the year.
1:14 - Pure comedy from Charles Barkley: “He got dressed early this morning, it was dark in Oklahoma City, and he saw that shirt at halftime and he snapped at halftime, knowing he had to put that shirt back on and he just lost it.”
1:37 – Kenny Smith’s rational opinion: “Chemistry is a fragile thing when you’re on a championship caliber team…I hate to walk around the locker room on eggshells with a guy when he does something like this. Now you can’t act natural around this guy for a couple days. And that really messes team morale up.”
2:55 - Barkely: “At some point, Scott (Brooks) or Maurice Cheeks have got to say, ‘Hey dude, you either got to grow up or we can’t win a championship.’ Because when you have blowups like this, they show up under pressure in big situations…This thing is going to show its ugly head deep in the playoffs.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients